- Our Philosophy
- Our Products
- Product Lifecycle
- Communities & Corporate Culture
- About KCP
Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC)
Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) is an association of members from environmental, economic and social groups, the timber trade and the forestry profession, community forestry groups and other organisations from around the world.
FSC® was established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests. It is an international non-profit organisation whose founding mission was to provide a truly independent, international and credible labelling scheme for timber and timber products.
The FSC® has 2 main responsibilities:
- Setting standards
- Accrediting the certification bodies
Products carrying the FSC® label are independently certified to assure consumers that they come from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.
FSC® Australia’s mission is to promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of forests in Australia and countries supplying the Australian forest products market.
It strives to achieve this object through:
- The development of Australian national and regional standards for responsible forest management that are accredited internationally by FSC®;
- Educational activities with forest stakeholders including forest management companies, organisations involved in the processing, manufacture, trade, sale or use of products that include material originating in forests and forest communities;
- The promotion of the FSC® system to customers for forest products in Australia and the promotion of products that carry the FSC® trademark;
- Relationship building activities with governments, industry groups, companies, educational bodies, trade unions, community groups, indigenous peoples’ organisations, environmental and social non-governmental organisations; and
- The encouragement of FSC® accredited certification bodies to become active in the Australian market and to undertake reviews on the performance of the FSC® system in Australia and provide feedback on that performance to members.
FSC® is Your Guarantee of Responsible Forest Management
Kimberly-Clark is striving to maximise the use of wood pulp from suppliers that have had their forestry operations or wood fibre procurement activities certified to the FSC® standards. Some Kimberly-Clark Professional* products carry the FSC® certification. You can easily identify which products are FSC® certified by looking for the FSC® logo in the product detail page of the website and in the product catalogue.
Why purchase FSC® certified products?
- Environmental groups all over the world support FSC® as the sustainable forestry management certification of choice.
- Clear labelling, makes it easier to select products which have been sourced from sustainably managed forests and accredited with the FSC® stamp of approval.
- You’ll know that by buying Kimberly-Clark products that are FSC® certified you’re assuring that future generations will enjoy the benefits of the forest.
- The FSC® logo provides the assurance that ownership rights are respected.
- The FSC® logo provides the assurance that wood harvesting is legal.
- The FSC® logo provides the assurance that the rights of workers and indigenous communities are respected.
- The FSC® logo provides the assurance that areas of natural wealth and endangered wildlife habitat are not being negatively affected.