- Our Philosophy
- Our Products
- Product Lifecycle
- Communities & Corporate Culture
- About KCP
What is PEFC?
- PEFC is the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes.
- The PEFC Council is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation which promotes sustainably managed forests through independent third party certification.
- PEFC certification assures buyers of wood and paper products that they are promoting the sustainable management of forests.
- PEFC provides compatibility and quality assurance between international forest certification schemes.
- PEFC is one of the largest schemes in the world for certifying sustainable forest management.
What are the PEFC principles?
- No more wood is harvested than is regrown
- Trees are replanted or naturally regenerated after harvesting
- Workers' rights and welfare are protected
- Local employment is encouraged
- Indigenous peoples' and owners' rights, ie, those who earn their livelihoods from and/or live in the forest, are respected.
- Forests are maintained as habitats for wild animals and plants
- Functions of forests for the protection of water, soil and climate are protected
- Biodiversity of forest ecosystems is conserved
- The origin of the wood raw material is verified
More information on PEFC>>