- Our Philosophy
- Our Products
- Product Lifecycle
- Communities & Corporate Culture
- About KCP
KIMBERLY- CLARK PROFESSIONAL* is the first tissue company in North America to receive chain-of-custody certification from FSC. This is one more step in our environmental commitment to reduce today – and respect tomorrow.
Learn more about what FSC Certification means and why it may be important to you.
What is FSC Chain-of-Custody Certification?
FSC chain-of-custody certification tracks FSC certified material from the forest to the consumer, including all stages of processing, transformation, manufacturing and distribution. It is a guarantee to consumers and businesses that FSC-labeled products come from well-managed forests or other FSC-approved sources, including post-consumer reclaimed material. Only FSC chain-of-custody certified companies, such as KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL*, are allowed to label products with the FSC trademarks. FSC chain-of-custody certification requires control systems and procedures that:
Account for FSC-certified wood as it passes along the supply chain
Ensure that any non-FSC-certified wood is from controlled, non-controversial sources
Ensure that sources and levels of post-consumer recycled fiber are verified
What is a FSC Mixed Sources Label?
This label certifies that the wood fiber used to make the product comes from a combination of well-managed FSC-certified forests, controlled sources and/or post-consumer waste.
Does the FSC label look familiar?
- The FSC label is very prominent in the printing industry, wood based building materials, and wood based furniture.
- You can find the FSC label on catalogs, annual reports, marketing materials, consumer products, product packaging, and within the walls of the world’s largest retail stores.
- FSC is recognized in the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) program of the USGBC for the use of FSC-certified wood in green building projects.
Why Buy FSC-Certified Products from KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL*?
- The FSC label looks at both virgin and recycled fiber in the chain-of-custody certification. It is important to you because we believe a mix of virgin and recycled fiber can result in improved performance.
- Independent certification can help you and your customers identify, select and purchase more environmentally responsible products.
- Our FSC-labeled products have been independently audited by an accredited certifier as meeting the FSC chain-of-custody requirements. So, even though Kimberly-Clark has one of the most progressive fiber procurement policies in the industry, you don’t have to just take our word for it.
- Our FSC-labeled products provide a 3rd party certification option that is different than Green Seal and Ecologo.
- The FSC label continues to grow and should become recognizable by more and more people as a key part of an environmentally responsible product plan for your company.
- You can have the quality performance of the KLEENEX® and SCOTT® brands you know and trust, along with the confidence that the raw materials are sourced to the highest standards.
- In addition to our FSC-certified products, KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* uses FSC-certified paper for our catalogs, brochures, and other printed materials.